Commitment to Privacy
Information technology allows businesses and customers to interact through electronic means that enables companies to conduct their business efficiently and provide the highest standard of customer service. On the other hand, this has brought legitimate concerns about security and privacy of personal information passed from the consumer to business.
Under the Act, BC Movers.com is obliged to demonstrate to our customers, and to any individual, our commitment to protecting your personal and private information. We have developed our policy to company with the CSA (Canadian Standards Association) and PIPEDA models for the Protection of Personal information.
The Personal Information We collect
* It’s possible to browse most sections of the Site without submitting any personally identifiable information.
* If you choose to take advantage of some of our products and/or services, or to access some of our tools or Site functionality, you may be asked to provide Personal Information.
* You can choose not to provide us with Personal Information, however you may not be able to fully take advantage of certain features of our sites.
* Also we may not be able to provide you with certain requested information, products and/or services.
In dealing with BCMovers.com for quotes to move or pack your valuable whether through the internet or over the phone, BCMovers.com will collect the following information:
* Contact Information (phone number, email address)
* Origin and Destination address
* Size of House, Apartment, Townhouse or Office
* Date of Move or Packing
* Car model/year (for only auto move)
Information Sharing Disclosure – How is my information used and shared?
The use of your information depends on the context in which it is collected. Therefore, pay special attention to the categories below that relate to the features of the Sites that you wish to utilize.
Personal Information we collect
We may share the Personal Information we collect from you only with your consent or under the following circumstances.
User-Requested Services and Information:
Certain products or services on our Sites may seek Personal Information from you, which may be used in the following ways:
For products and services provided by the Site, the information you submit is used by us to provide the information, product or service you’ve requested. We may also share this information with others, but only to the extent necessary to fulfill your request or to facilitate your use of their services.
In order to service your requests, third parties may need to be involved, such as moving companies, auto transport companies, storage companies, etc. BCMovers.com does not permit that any information collected by BCMovers.com and provided to these third parties to be shared by these third parties. These third parties are legally bound to comply with this requirement. BCMovers.com has no control over how information submitted by you to third parties is collected and disseminated.
Consent is required for the collection of personal information and subsequent use or disclosure of this information. We will not use your personal information without your consent. In general, the use of our products and services by a customer constitutes implied consent for us to collect, use and disclose personal information for all identified purposes. But in many cases, our customer service representatives will seek consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information at the time of collection.
We will only use your personal information for the purpose we have stated and within the limits of the privacy act. In the event that we would like to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified, consent with respect to use or disclosure may be sought after the information has been collected, but before it is used. Is your Information accurate?
We do our best to ensure your personal information is accurate as possible during the collection process. We may update your personal information within the limits of the purpose we have mentioned.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We maintain your personal information until the purpose we have mentioned has been fulfilled. We also take into consideration the amount of time required by law to maintain records. After such time, your personal information will be properly disposed according to our guideline in the destruction of personal information. Our commitment to Data Security.
We are committed to protect your personal information with security safeguards appropriately in place.
The methods of protection include:
* Physical measures – locked filling cabinets and restricted access to offices
* Organizational measures – security clearances and limiting access on a “need to know” basis
* Technological measures – the use of passwords and encryption
* Investigate measures – where required to safeguard the interests of bcmovers.com customers
We make the effort to train our employees and make them aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information. Only BC Movers & Storage Inc’s employees with a business need to know, or whose duties reasonably so require, are granted access to your personal information.
We keep personal information data only to the extent of its purpose and to meet the period as required by law. After this period, your personal information will be properly disposed according to our guidelines in the destruction of personal information. How do we dispose of your private information?
We shall destroy, erase or make anonymous personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes and meeting the required period by law. We will adhere to the following guidelines in disposing of your personal information.
* We will shred paper documents containing personal information and propery dispose of them through a federally approved disposal company.
* We will delete personal information from our files.
* In the event that the personal information can not be deleted, we would make the information anonymous to make sure that the identity of the person having that personal information is not compromised.
Your right to your personal information we collect
We recognize your right to your personal information we have collected. Our customer service representatives will make the effort to inform you of what information we have on you. You in return have the right to ask for such information.
Personal Data collected
- Usage data
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.