BC Movers Moving Tips & Checklist
Moving can seem overwhelming and it is time consuming in the best of circumstances. This list is designed to make the process more straightforward. It is broken down into four sections: Inventory, Address Change, Packing & Scheduling.
- Inventory List – What do you actually have?
Decide whether you will inventory by room or type, don’t leave anything out.
*In four months will you have an occasion where you will wear that shirt or dress with the blue stripes?
- Create a list of donate, ditch or sell.
*Spring cleaning will help you save time and money during the move.
- Return borrowed items and collect items you have lent out.
- Passwords or codes for your new address
- Lockers at gym, school, work
- Use up food
- Dispose of flammables
- Rugs and drapes should be cleaned
*Decide on a system to be used for packing. Color codes, numbers, pictures etc.
All of these are applicable
- Post Office – https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/products/details.page?article=forward_your_mail_wh#fndtn-panel1-1
- ICBC & MSP – https://www.addresschange.gov.bc.ca
- Hydro – https://www.bchydro.com/accounts-billing/moving-electrical-connections/move-in-out.html#move
- Credit Card
- Tax Forms – http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/chngddrss-eng.html
- Bank Account
- Voter Registration – http://www.elections.bc.ca/docs/reg/200A.pdf
Not all of these are applicable
- Newspapers & Magazines
- Pension Plans
Vancouver Condo Movers is fully stocked with packing materials. Vancouver Condo Movers can also arrange storage or use their own storage for your property.
Put out separately
*Loose cables and parts are some of the easiest things to lose during moving
*Flash drives are recommended
Keep separate so you can use right away at your new address
- Garbage Bags
- Toilet Paper
- Rechargers for cellphone, iPad, and others
- Any documents you may need
*Pack like you are going on vacation
- Cleaning company
- Moving company
- New Furniture or accessories
- Pet care
Last Minute Things to consider
What will your first meal at your new place be?
Something easy to make or order in?
What will you wear for a few days?
Cellphones are charged?
Cars are refuelled?
Things to have
Phone Number of moving company