BC Movers Moving Tips & Checklist
MOVING CHECK LIST AND TIPS FROM BC MOVERS | THE MOVING EXPERTS
Anyone who has undergone the process of moving before is familiar with the stress and unnerving qualities that have been known to come with it. BC Movers makes it our mission to help see you through the moving process in a way that will render you feeling confident, secure, and entirely at ease with the smoother flow of everything. Of course, in any type of move, it is important for you to come up with a check list of the things you can and should be doing that would make for an easier transition from one location to another.
At BC Movers, we have trained our staff to come up with a detailed check list of every room’s floor plan and coordinate said check list with you. In this way, you can rest assured that everything is being packed and transferred in a way that stirs clear of risk of damage or loss of important belongings.
Apart from this checklist, however, it is still your responsibility to make a mental or literal check list of your own. Following are some of the moving tips that might aid you in doing so:
- Arrange for your moving services to be done ahead of time.
- Make sure all your cartons, boxes, containers and storage bins are properly labeled in an organized manner, using bold letters and numbering when needed.
- Get rid of unwanted items by having a garage sale, selling on Craigslist or Kijiji, or donating.
- If you have any pets, make sure to leave them with a trusted friend or a pet hotel during the move.
- Disconnect all appliances from power sources and pack them away with cables, chargers, and anything that may come with them.
- Hand-carry any jewelry, money, or personal items that you would not want to be misplaced.
- Empty furniture, dressers and shelves of any liquids, breakables, or small, loose items during the move.
- Settle your billing with BC Movers as early as possible, to ensure a clear and mutual understanding even before the move has been completed successfully.
- If all of the above pointers have been attended to properly, you can be sure your move will be stress-free.